- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TORONTO – Mia Wasikowska, Olivia Williams and Evan Bird have joined the cast of David Cronenberg’s thriller Maps to the Stars ahead of a July shoot in Toronto and Los Angeles.
Newcomer Bird will play a troubled, drug-addicted child star, while Williams will play his manipulative mother, and Wasikowska his disfigured, schizophrenic, fame-obsessed sister.
The trio join Julianne Moore, John Cusack, Robert Pattinson and Sarah Gadon who were earlier cast.
Longtime Cronenberg producer Martin Katz and his Prospero Pictures shingle are partnering with Entertainment One to finance the ghost story and critique of celebrity-obsessed Los Angeles.
The film is being produced by Katz and SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd.
Sentient Entertainment’s Renee Tab, Cronenberg’s manager, will executive produce.
Entertainment One’s Benedict Carver is also executive producing and will oversee the film for the producer, with Integral Films’ Alfred Hurmer co-producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day