- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A live-action re-imagining of the classic puppet show, Judy and Punch is about two puppeteers — the vain but charismatic Punch and his resilient and talented wife Judy (Wasikowska) — as they attempt to resurrect their show as a means of escaping their decrepit town of Seaside.
Writer-director Foulkes describes the film as “a crazy mix of fantasy, feminism and fanaticism.”
Vice Media Australia and Blue-Tongue Films are producing with production investment from Vice Media (USA) and Screen Australia, in association with Film Victoria.
Produced by Michele Bennett (Mr Inbetween, Chopper) alongside Blue-Tongue Films’ Nash Edgerton (Mr Inbetween, The Square) and Danny Gabai, Judy and Punch will be executive produced by Oscar-nominated Vincent Landay (Her, Being John Malkovich) and Vice Media’s chief creative officer Eddy Moretti.
The project originated with Vice Media’s chief commercial and creative officer Tom Punch and his sister Lucy Punch and will film in Victoria, Australia in April 2018.
Cornerstone Films is handling international sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day