- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES — I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP’s intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down — then I walked off. I guess live shows aren’t my thing,” Bay wrote.
But rest assured, Bay ended the post saying that the footage would still be seen internationally: “But I’m doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world.”
Bay was supposed to appear at CES to discuss Samsung’s Ultra HD TV and preview exclusive footage from the upcoming Transformers 4.
After being introduced by Samsung Electronics America president Tim Baxter, Bay began talking about how “Hollywood is a place that creates a viewing escape,” before indicating that there was a problem with the teleprompter and saying he would “wing it.”
It wasn’t long before Bay exited the stage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day