- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg is contemplating running for president, according to the New York Times and CNN.. Bloomberg, 73, has already consulted with his advisers to draw up plans for an independent campaign in this year’s presidential race including policy speeches and an advertising campaign promoting him as a problem-solver and self-made businessman.
The New York Times also reported that the billionaire has told friends and allies that he would spend as much as $1 billion of his own money on his campaign, and that he will make a final decision in March.
Bloomberg reportedly will commission a poll on Feb. 9 to determine if there is an opening for him in the race. He previously conducted polling in December to see how he would fare against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day