- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Commercials director and visual effects wizard Michael Gracey is lining up another studio job: 20th Century Fox’s contemporary musical The Greatest Showman on Earth, starring Hugh Jackman as P.T. Barnum.
Gracey is set to direct the biopic, about the legendary showman who created the three-ring circus, and loved to hoax a gullible public. A focal point of the movie is Barnum’s infatuation with opera singer Jenny Lind, called the Swedish Nightingale. So far, no actress has been cast for the role.
Greatest Showman was penned by Jenny Bicks (Sex and the City). Jackman and producing partner John Palermo are producing with Laurence Mark (Dreamgirls).
In recent weeks, Gracey’s feature career has been rising like a thermometer in the summertime: In early August, he was chosen to helm Disney’s live-action pic The Order of the Seven.
Gracey is repped by CAA, Partizan and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day