- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Michael J. Bassett, currently in pre-production on Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, has signed to write and direct psychological supernatural horror Saint Mary’s.
Bassett will develop the screenplay for Saint Mary’s with creator and co writer Matthew Kingshott, who has been developing the project with U.K. producer / composer James Edward Barker through Veneration Music.
Billed as a psychological horror story about an evil presence in a disused mental asylum, Saint Mary’s details the story of a group of young people who are deliberately trapped inside a labyrinthine building where they find their deepest nightmares manifest themselves.
Barker will produce through Mann Made Films, with Scott Mann taking on exec producer role. He is also attached to compose the score for the film.
Bassett said when he read Matt’s script he said he “immediately felt that there was the essence of something incredibly interesting and potentially terrifying.”
Bassett is repped by Independent Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day