- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bubbles, Isaac Adamson’s script about Michael Jackson told from his chimp Bubble’s perspective, has been acquired by Andrew Kortschak’s End Cue and Dan Harmon’s Starburns Industries.
The film will be made using stop-motion animation, in the vein of the Oscar-nominated film Anomalisa, directed by Duke Johnson and Charlie Kaufman.
Adamson’s original spec script topped the 2015 Black List. Bubbles was a frequent companion to the iconic singer in the 1980s, even joining Jackson on the Bad World Tour in Japan.
As for the plot, the Black List description of the script said: “A baby chimp is adopted by pop star Michael Jackson. Narrating his own story, Bubbles the Chimp details his life within The King of Pop’s inner circle through the scandals that later rocked Jackson’s life and eventually led to Bubbles’ release.”
Adamson and Lee Stobby will executive produce along with Harmon and Kortschak as producers. CAA will represent the distribution rights for the film.
Harmon and Starburns Industries are repped by CAA, and Adamson is represented by CAA and manager Lee Stobby.?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day