- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Former Entertainment One factual TV topper Michael Kot has added three executives to his new production shingle, Saloon Media.
Steve Gamester, an ex-eOne exec with credits that include Perfect Storms: Disasters that Changed the World, becomes a producer at Saloon Media.
And Betty Orr, another former eOne exec, becomes head of production.
Also boarding Saloon Media is Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan producer Paul Kilback as director/producer.
Saloon Media, which has a two-year overall deal with eOne, is working with international partners from the U.S. and the U.K. on factual series and TV specials.
The first production is the 10-part crime series Handsome Devils, a co-production with the U.K.’s BriteSpark Films for Investigation Discovery in the U.S. and Slice in Canada.
“I’ve had the good fortune and great pleasure of working with Steve and Paul on hundreds of hours of television over the years, both on the broadcasting and production side,” said Kot in a statement on Friday.
He added that Orr, whose credits include live TV award shows and factual series like The Great Martian War, is the “bedrock of Saloon and keeps us on track to deliver to our broadcast partners.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day