- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actor Michael Landes will appear in the Matthew McConaughey mining drama Gold, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.
The Stephen Gaghan-directed film will star McConaughey and Edgar Ramirez in a story based on the real-life Bre-X scandal, about a massive stock fraud involving an Indonesian gold mine. Landes will play a Wall Street banker who travels to the mine to assess the company behind it. The Weinstein Co. purchased the U.S. rights for $15 million this spring, with a marketing spend valued at $20 million.
The actor, whose credits include Final Destination 2, Burlesque and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, also will appear alongside Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in the indie crime drama Shot Caller, playing the Game of Thrones star’s best friend and lawyer. He also has booked Relativity thriller The Disappointments Room, starring Kate Beckinsale.
Landes is represented by UTA and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day