- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
All three directors are screening their new films at the festival. Jia, who is bringing Mountains May Depart, will discuss his career and approach to filmmaking on Sept. 29; Moore, whose new doc is called Where to Invade Next, will take part in a conversation on Oct. 4; and Haynes, who will screen Carol, will sit down on Oct. 10.
The Film Society of Lincoln Center, which presents the festival, also announced Tuesday that its annual master class, titled On Cinema, will consist of a conversation between NYFF director of programming Kent Jones and director Hou Hsiao-hsien, whose 1983 film The Boys From Fengkuei will screen as part of the fest’s revivals section.
Additionally, the fest announced that it will screen shots in four distinct programs that will focus on animation, international films, New York films and horror. The animation program will include the world premiere of Pixar’s Sanjay Super Team, directed by Sanjay Patel, about superheroes and Hindu traditions clashing in the daydreams of a young Indian boy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day