- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Pena is getting in gear for Horse Soldiers, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
He joins Chris Hemsworth and Michael Shannon in the Nicolai Fuglsig film, which tells the true story of U.S. Special Forces who are deployed to the mountainous regions of Afghanistan in the wake of 9/11 to flush out the Taliban … on horseback.
The project is an adaptation of Doug Stanton’s book of the same name, which was adapted by Peter Craig and Ted Tally.
Black Label Media is financing the film. Jerry Bruckheimer and his Jerry Bruckheimer Films banner is producing with Black Label’s Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill. Bruckheimer’s Chad Oman executive producing.
Pena will play the role of Diller, a member of Mitch’s (Hemsworth) team. He is described as a brave West Virginia hick who wanted to be a history teacher but has a temper.
Pena’s upcoming slate also includes David Frankel’s drama Collateral Beauty, Dax Shepard’s action-comedy CHiPs, Kenneth Branagh’s Murder on the Orient Express adaptation and Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man and the Wasp. He also is part of the voice cast of My Little Pony: The Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie.
Pena is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day