- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Michelle Dockery always looks amazing as her Downton character Lady Mary – her early 20th-century period costumes are exquisite and detailed. However, her off-camera fashion choices aren’t as consistent. They’re always interesting, but (we have to say it) they’re not always the most flattering looks for her.
STORY: Kerry Washington Wears White With a Silver Edged Rodarte to the SAG Awards
At the SAG Awards, though, she definitely got it right — in a very very simple black vintage Chado Ralph Rucci black gown, with her now-short bobbed hair molded to one side.
The dress had a sexy edge with some illusion insets around the neck and under the arm, and when Dockery did interviews on television she had what one observer exclaimed was “side boob” – !!!!. (A hint of side cleavage is actually a very interesting way of being sexy at a stately affair.) This dress had both aristocratic bearing and a little bit of underarm baring, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day