- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michelle Dockery always looks amazing as her Downton character Lady Mary – her early 20th-century period costumes are exquisite and detailed. However, her off-camera fashion choices aren’t as consistent. They’re always interesting, but (we have to say it) they’re not always the most flattering looks for her.
At the SAG Awards, though, she definitely got it right — in a very very simple black vintage Chado Ralph Rucci black gown, with her now-short bobbed hair molded to one side.
The dress had a sexy edge with some illusion insets around the neck and under the arm, and when Dockery did interviews on television she had what one observer exclaimed was “side boob” – !!!!. (A hint of side cleavage is actually a very interesting way of being sexy at a stately affair.) This dress had both aristocratic bearing and a little bit of underarm baring, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day