- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Blue states, red states — the country was in a pink state of mind Tuesday night during the town hall presidential debate. That’s because both candidates’ wives turned up in the exact shade of hot pink, or fuschia, or whatever you want to call it. The hue has now been dubbed Pepto-Pink, after the famous antacid pink preparation.
First Lady Michelle Obama wore a coat-style dress by Michael Kors, while Ann Romney wore a shift dress with cap sleeves. It has not been confirmed but fashion watchers surmise that the dress may be from her go-to designer Alfred Fiadaca. But only seeing the wives for seconds, one could easily have thought that they were wearing the same dress. Instead of debating who won, the water cooler discussion on Wednesday will clearly be about thinking pink.
Yes, pink is a hot color this season — and it gets hotter for spring 2013 — but the fact is, October is National Breast Cancer Month, and clearly, both women were honoring this. Romney is, in fact, a breast cancer survivor herself, and she’s spoken very frankly about this in interviews.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day