- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Among the cluster of bracelets Michelle Obama donned a the Inauguration festivities — in her amazing poppy red Jason Wu halter gown (we saw this orange-red color at the Golden Globes — and here it is again, take note) – were two chic diamond bangles by Kimberly McDonald, whom we’re proud to say is an L.A.-based jeweler as of the last few years — and she just opened her first freestanding boutique a few weeks ago at the Sunset Plaza — just in time for SAGs and Oscars.
McDonald used Forevermark diamonds by Trau Bros. and set the two bangles in 18-karat oxidized gold. The gold brings in the warmth to counteract the cool fire of the diamonds – making the bangles really flatter Wu’s hot-colored dress.
It’s all about a cluster of bracelets these days, isn’t it? You see it on boho girls on the street – but when you see it on the First Lady, you know it’s the statement of the moment. Necklaces and earrings, move over – for the moment, anyway.
Kimberly McDonald’s jewelry is often made from geode crystals and is collected by Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts — and has been worn by Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer for major red carpet awards shows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day