- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What do you wear to dine with the Queen? First Lady Michelle Obama arrived in an ivory floor-length evening gown by Tom Ford (Colin Firth, Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks and Jay-Z are fans of the designer) for the State Dinner at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday night in London. Mrs. O looked polished and chic in the designer’s ruched silk georgette dress with a delicate bow detail at the waist.
Earlier in the day. the First Lady and President Obama met the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Mrs. O received mixed reviews for her floral print daytime dress by L.A.-based designer Barbara Tfank, which she topped with a pink cropped jacket, but Duchess Catherine (nee Middleton) created an online shopping frenzy in a ladylike beige dress from Reiss. The $340 dress, which worked perfectly with her Seychelles sun-kissed skin, caused the British fashion brand’s site to crash at least two times because of the overwhelming demand for it.
Looks like the Kate craze hasn’t gone away post-wedding — what will the Duchess wear when she heads to Hollywood this summer?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day