- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FLOTUS Michelle Obama isn’t one to shy away from color, and her choice of attire for Tuesday night’s State of the Union address was no exception.
Choosing a fittingly optimistic marigold frock from Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2015 collection, the now sold-out wool crepe midi-length dress was available from Neiman Marcus for $628. While the department store’s website listed the color as marigold, that didn’t stop Twitter from heatedly debating the exact hue of the dress. Mustard, orange, yellow, tangerine and saffron were among the contenders.
This isn’t the first time the first lady has donned Narciso Rodriguez, in keeping with her effort to consistently wear American designers (Cuban-American, in this case). She chose his designs for two major past events — 2008’s election night and once again in 2009 for the President’s first address to Congress. Mrs. Obama accessorized Tuesday night’s look with gold earrings, beachy bronze makeup and side-swept locks.
Thanks to Jennifer Lopez’s similarly hued Golden Globes gown, we’re declaring vibrant marigold the color of the week. See her dress on the Narciso Rodriguez fall 2015 runway below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day