- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First lady Michelle Obama always looks sleek and sophisticated in her signature long-and-straight bob hairstyle, but for the occasion of the annual White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, she switched it up a little bit. And the results were fantastic.
“The first lady was a sight to behold!” says Carl Ray, her makeup artist. Her locks were styled courtesy of her longtime hair guru, Johnny Wright. “Her hair was curly and fun, so I wanted to mix it up with her makeup as well,” he tells Pret-a-Reporter. To do that, he looked to the past.
“My inspiration was old Hollywood,” says Ray. “I chose a beautiful matte berry-stained lip paired with a nude cat eye because of its stunning contrast to the gorgeous shiny beaded Zac Posen dress FLOTUS wore for the dinner.”
Unfortunately for those hoping to emulate her gorgeous lip color, Ray is not at liberty to discuss the specific products he used. Let the speculation begin!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day