- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Initially, Blue Valentine was slapped with an NC-17, while the equally racy Black Swan received an R rating.
Michelle Williams, whose role as an unhappy wife in Valentine recently earned her a Golden Globe, understands why.
“I think maybe it was because [Portman’s] scene was more about a fantasy and mine was more about reality,” she tells The Daily Beast. “…Maybe it all comes down to my [character] finding the pleasure in it. Who knows.”
As for shooting her nude scenes, Williams, 30, says, “I had gained some weight and the pudginess I was feeling was almost like a costume, so it didn’t really seem as if I were nude but some other person was. All that extra flesh ironically made me feel less nude.”
She doesn’t want to stir up any MPAA drama with her next film, My Week With Marilyn? – in which she plays the screen siren during a week she spent in England to escape from Hollywood pressures.
Says Williams, “We want to get a PG-13 rating.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day