- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Williams will play an orphanage owner in the reimagining from writer and director Bart Freundlich (Wolves, The Rebound, The Myth of Fingerprints), while Moore plays a wealthy businesswoman. After the Wedding will be produced by Joel Michaels (Terminator Salvation, Basic Instinct 2, Lolita) and Silvio Muraglia (Black Butterfly, All Roads Lead to Rome) through Paradox Studios. Production will begin this spring.
Paradox Studios is also financing. Cornerstone Films is handling international sales and distribution, while CAA will oversee the U.S. rights.
Williams, a four-time Oscar nominee for dramas such as Manchester by the Sea, My Week With Marilyn, Blue Valentine and Brokeback Mountain, also appeared in Todd Haynes’ drama Wonderstruck and in Fox’s circus-themed Hugh Jackman musical, The Greatest Showman.
After the Wedding, which starred Mads Mikkelsen and Sidse Babett Knudsen was a critical and popular hit. It was nominated for the best foreign-language Oscar in 2007 but lost to The Lives of Others.
Williams is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day