- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Weinstein Company’s Marilyn Monroe biopic, My Week With Marilyn, arrives in theaters Nov. 23.
And before the official release, the promos are clearly playing up star Michelle Williams‘ obvious knack for stepping into the famous actress’ shoes.
The latest clip, first posted by Moviefone, features Williams in full Monroe regalia, singing and dancing to the Irving Berlin standard “Heat Wave.”
Monroe most famously performed “Heat Wave” in There’s No Business Like Show Business, where she took a vaudevillian stage decked out in a Caribbean motif.
My Week With Marilyn finds Monroe in a slightly different scenario, with Williams darting across a stage in a sheer dress with two polo-clad dancers.
The film, which also stars Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Redmayne and Judi Dench, follows a moment in the starlet’s life where she briefly escaped production of The Prince and the Showgirl to spend a week in the English countryside with the film’s third assistant director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football