- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Count Mickey Rourke among the fans of Vladimir Putin.
The actor was among those who lined up at the Moscow Central department store in Red Square to buy a T-shirt depicting the face of the Russian president, Sky News reported.
Rourke chose a gray T-shirt, which cost 1,200 rubles ($33.41), and spoke fondly of Putin.
“If I didn’t like him, I wouldn’t buy the T-shirt, believe me,” the actor said. “I met him a couple of times and he was a real gentleman, a very cool regular guy, looked me right in the eye. I think he is a good guy. If I didn’t, believe me I wouldn’t wear the T-shirt.”
Rourke indicated in a video interview posted by Sky News that his support for Russia may be due to him having a Russian girlfriend.
“To me it’s all about family,” he added. “I don’t give a shit about the politics. That’s not my department.”
Monday marked the second time the shirts went on sale, but this time there seemed to be more of a buying craze, Sky News reported.
Rourke, who received a best actor Oscar nomination for his critically acclaimed role in 2008’s The Wrestler, has since appeared in Iron Man 2 and The Expendables and will next be seen in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, which opens Aug. 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day