- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian Mike Birbiglia’s Don’t Think Twice will begin its theatrical run July 22 in New York City, followed by a nationwide rollout.
FilmArcade will work with producers Birbiglia and NPR’s Ira Glass for its theatrical release.
Ahead of the film hitting theaters, Birbiglia will go on a 20-city bus tour, Improv Across America, which will feature free improv workshops at comedy theaters and pop-up screenings of the film.
Also opening July 22 will be the wide releases of Star Trek Beyond and Ice Age: Collision Course.
“We’re already monitoring the box office very closely, and see our main competitors as Captain America, Suicide Squad and X-Men. We think of Mike Birbiglia as our superhero — a sort of anxious, disheveled superhero who shows up at crimes and offers to call 911 after about ten minutes,” said Glass of Don’t Think Twice and its theatrical prospects.
Don’t Think Twice stars Birbiglia and centers on a NYC improv troupe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day