- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Mike Myers is close to committing to a fourth Austin Powers movie.
PHOTOS: Modern Film & Television Comedians
The comic actor, who last donned the false teeth and shaggy wig in 2002’s Austin Powers in Goldmember, has for some time been mulling a proposal from New Line to return to the role.
Sources confirm a report Friday on the website Hitfix that Myers is expected to close a deal to write, produce and star in a fourth film. But sources caution that no deal has closed, and Myers, one of the more mercurial figures in Hollywood, could still opt out.
Myers last voiced the title character in DreamWorks Animation’s successful Shrek franchise. Apart from a small role in Quentin Tarantino‘s Inglourious Basterds, Myers last appeared in a live movie for Paramount’s The Love Guru. The 2008 film grossed just $40.8 mil worldwide, receiving unflattering reception from critics and fans alike.
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery first hit theaters in 1997, with The Spy Who Shagged Me following in 1999. No word yet on a director for a fourth installment, though Jay Roach helmed the original trilogy — which grossed $676,356,278 worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day