- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carly Simon — who provided unforgettable music for several of his signature films, including the Oscar-winning “Let the River Run” from Working Girl — remembers Nichols as someone you could never get enough of, in a statement to Billboard.
Watch more Trailers for 10 Classic Mike Nichols Films
“I could never spend enough time with Mike. His philosophies of life were truly brilliant, amusing and filled with warmth and an original take on people and love. He gave me the biggest break by asking me to score the movie Heartburn, and after that, Working Girl and Postcards From the Edge,” Simon recalls. “He gave all he had; it shows in the relationships he values most, with [wife] Diane [Sawyer] and [their children] Max and Jenny.”
Simon won the best original song Academy Award in 1989 for “Let the River Run,” her contribution to the film. She also contributed the hit single “Coming Around Again” to Nichols’ Heartburn in 1986 and provided BAFTA-nominated music for 1990’s Postcards From the Edge.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day