- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino has officially checked into an inpatient treatment program, a rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. “Michael Sorrentino has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule,” the rep said in a statement, though they declined to confirm TMZ‘s report that Sorrentino is battling substance abuse issues.
As season five of his hit series drew to a close last week, the reality star had been mysteriously absent from the majority of the cast’s promotional appearances. Before that, Sorrentino had continued to make nightclub appearances across the globe, raking in anywhere between $15,000 to $50,000 per gig.
The sixth season of Jersey Shore is scheduled to begin shooting this summer. A representative for MTV did not immediately return THR‘s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day