- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Directed by Ben Younger, the drama will now open nationwide on Nov. 18, Open Road announced Tuesday.
Originally, Bleed for This was set to enter the ring and debut in select theaters on Nov. 4 before expanding nationwide on Nov. 23. Launching in a limited run is the usual practice for fall dramas looking for a boost from awards attention.
Bleed for This, however, wasn’t a runaway hit with reviewers when premiering at the Telluride Film Festival, a prime launching pad for Oscar contenders.
Younger’s film recounts the true story of boxer Vinny Pazienza (Teller), who won two world title fights only to be taken down in the prime of his career by a car accident that injured his spine. Trainer Kevin Rooney (Aaron Eckhart) works with Vinny to not only get him to walk again, but get him back in the ring.
Katey Sagal, Ted Levine, Ciaran Hinds, Jordan Gelber and Amanda Clayton also star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day