- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Miley Cyrus had to defend her decision over the weekend to support gay marriage with an equal sign tattoo on her ring finger.
The singer-actress and former Disney star was met with critics, including one named @MileyCyrusLuver who told her to “look up Leviticus, 1 Corinthians. Read both chapters and tell me where God says homosexuality, incest, and polygamy is ok?”
VIDEO: Miley Cyrus Dodges Hannah Montana Questions During Jimmy Fallon Interview
Cyrus was quick to reply: “Where does it say in the bible to judge others? Oh right. It doesn’t. GOD is the only judge honey. “GOD is love”
Soon after, @MileyCyrusLuver was deluged with Tweets — and Cyrus asked her fans to tone it down.
PHOTOS: Miley and Other Stars on the Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Red Carpet
“Dude everyone lay off @MileyCyrusLuver Love u! Everyone is entitled 2 opinions! “if u don’t stand 4 something you’ll fall for anything.” :)” she Tweeted.
Cyrus debuted her tattoo on Friday, the same week gay marriage was legalized in New York City. “All LOVE is equal,” she captioned her photo on Twitter.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s New Leading Ladies
Cyrus will next star in LOL alongside Demi Moore and Twilight‘s Ashley Greene.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day