- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hemsworth, 22, the Australian actor who plays Gale in The Hunger Games film franchise, proposed to the 19-year-old Cyrus on May 31 with a 3.5 carat Neil Lane diamond ring, Hemsworth’s rep confirms to THR.
“I’m so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam,” the singer-actress says in a statement to People magazine.
A rep for Cyrus did not immediately respond to THR‘s requests for comment.
The pair formed a bond as co-stars in 2009’s The Last Song. (On June 1, the day after Hemsworth popped the question, Cyrus tweeted: “heaven is a place on earth.”)
Cyrus is working on her forthcoming album; Hemsworth has been shooting the crime drama Empire State in New Orleans, after which he will join Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman to film the thriller Paranoia, after which he jump back into Hunger Games mode to shoot the sequel alongside Jennifer Lawrence.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day