- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Surprise, surprise: Miley Cyrus is the star of a racy new video. But this time it’s actually for an amazing cause.
The pop superstar is the face of MAC cosmetics’ 2015 Viva Glam program, an annual campaign in which special lipstick and gloss shades are sold with 100 percent of proceeds benefiting the MAC AIDS Fund. Past years have been fronted by provocative musicians including Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Boy George, Christina Aguilera and Cyndi Lauper, so Cyrus has a lot to live up to.
At first glance, the just-released pink-drenched print ad seems fairly tame — she’s fully clothed, in a tiny black and silver beaded bodysuit. Then again, her bare legs and bondage-heeled feet are up in the air, spread against a mirrored wall and reflected over and over.
The video is set to her song “Love Money Party” and features Cyrus licking her lips and, yes, a giant disco ball to show off her collaborative magenta lipstick and matching hot pink with pearl shimmer lipglass.
Considering Rihanna was topless in her ads last year, it makes sense that MAC would want Miley to just be Miley, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day