- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mindy Kaling and Dan Goor have signed on to write the script for MGM’s Legally Blonde 3.
The third installment of the comedy franchise will also see Reese Witherspoon reprise her role as Elle Woods. Witherspoon’s banner Hello Sunshine and the company’s head of television and film Lauren Neustadter, along with Marc Platt and Adam Siegel of Platt Productions. will produce the film.
Witherspoon confirmed that a third Legally Blonde pic was in the works back in June 2018, with the planned threequel to be penned by the original film’s scribes Kirsten Smith and Karen McCullah.
Legally Blonde, which follows a hot-pink-clad law student shaking up the stuffy world of Harvard law school, hit theaters in 2001, becoming a surprise box-office success and spurring a 2003 sequel, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde.
Kaling is repped by CAA, 3 Arts and Ziffren Brittenham; Goor is repped by Ziffren Brittenham; and Witherspoon is repped by CAA, LBI Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day