- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In surprising news, Mindy Kaling has revealed she welcomed her second child, a baby boy, last month.
During a virtual appearance on Thursday’s episode of The Late Show, host Stephen Colbert teased that the 41-year-old The Office star had “good news” to share. “I got something I rarely get these days, which is good news, so if you wouldn’t mind sharing with our audience I think they’d be thrilled to find out something extraordinary that nobody knows up until this moment,” Colbert said.
“I’m telling it for the first time now, it feels so strange. But I gave birth to a baby boy on Sept. 3. This is news to a lot of people. It’s true!” Kaling said. “His name is Spencer. I forgot the most important part of it,” she joked.
The actor-writer-producer said that she was able to keep her second pregnancy largely secret because of the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic.
Kaling’s daughter Katherine Swati was born in December 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day