- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Horror master Eli Roth will present his foray into TV, the mystery series Hemlock Grove, at this year’s international television confab MIP TV, together with the series’ stars Famke Janssen (X-Men) and Bill Skarsgard (Anna Karenina).
Netflix and Gaumont International Television, the L.A.-based production and distribution arm of French giant Gaumont, are producing the one-hour drama series, which is based on the book by Brian McGreevy and revolves around the murder of a young high school girl in the former steel community of Hemlock Grove. Dougray Scott, Penelope Mitchell, Landon Liboiron and Freya Tingley also star.
All 13 episodes of the first season of Hemlock Grove will premiere on Netflix in the U.S., April 19.
Roth, Janssen and Skarsgard will stroll the red carpet for MIP TV’s opening night Monday, April 8, and will take part in a co-production case study panel April 9, where they will discuss the creation of Hemlock Grove and the Netflix on-demand distribution model. Hemlock Grove is the latest of Netflix’s original drama series, following the critically-acclaimed political drama House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, which premiered on the online service earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day