- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-nominated writer Beau Willimon, who adapted the BBC political drama for Netflix and producer Media Rights Capital, and who acts as showrunner on the U.S. version, will also attend, giving the first sneak peak of the series.
Spacey, Willimon and Oscar-nominated director David Fincher are executive producers on the one-hour drama series, which is set in political backrooms of Washington D.C. Fincher also directed the series pilot.
The BBC original, which stared Ian Richardson as an ambitous British politician, ran for three, four-episode seasons. Netflix has ordered two, 13-episode seasons of the U.S. version, with the first to premiere in 2013. Netflix will distribute the series in the U.S., U.K. and select international territories while Sony Pictures Television is handling remaining international distribution on behalf of Media Rights Capital.
Executive producers on the series also include Joshua Donen, Eric Roth, Dana Brunetti, Andrew Davies, Michael Dobbs and John Melfi. Donen/Fincher/Roth and Trigger Street Productions are co-producing House of Cards in association with Media Rights Capital for Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day