- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES – CCTV 2, Chinese second largest channel, has picked up local adaptation rights to cooking competition show The Taste from Germany’s Red Arrow International.
The Taste, the U.S. version of which has been renewed for a second season at ABC, was created by Kinetic Content and has been a international success, with sales to CTV in Canada, Germany’s Sat.1, Channel 4 in the UK, M6 in France and Australia’s Nine Network.
The format has four celebrity judges – including in the U.S. version foodie favorites Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain – who rate chefs based on the taste of their dishes alone.
The Chinese version of the show, called Wei Jue Da Zhan (The Big Battle of the Taste), will kick off with casting calls in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, and Guang Zhou.
Premiere on CCTV2 is set for November.
Siemens Home Appliance will be the exclusive sponsor of the show in China.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day