- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The six-part series is set in 19th century London. Bean plays John Marlott, an investigator for the Thames River Police on the trail of a killer who appears to be assembling humans from mutilated body parts in a sick parody of the Frankenstein story. In his search for the truth, he comes up against London’s medical establishment and powerful political forces, as well as a more sinister, demonic power at work in the city.
Emmy-nominated writer Benjamin Ross (The Young Poisoner’s Handbook) created The Frankenstein Chronicles together with writer Barry Langford. Ross directed all six hourlong episodes.
“The Frankenstein Chronicles uniquely merges classic elements from both the crime and horror genres, which pairs perfectly with A&E’s growing scripted slate,” said A&E executive vp programming Elaine Frontain Bryant, who negotiated the deal for the channel.
Rainmark’s Tracey Scoffield and Game of Thrones producer Frank Doelger are executive producers of The Frankenstein Chronicles. In addition to Bean, the cast also includes Anna Maxwell Martin, Charlie Creed Miles, Steven Berkoff and Vanessa Kirby.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day