- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The mogul will attend the international television confab in October to take part in a keynote panel to discuss the creative process behind the BBC’s new adaptation of the classic Tolstoy epic. The Weinstein Company is producing War and Peace together with BBC Worldwide and BBC Wales. Lifetime, A&E and the History Channel will air the mini-series in the U.S. The series’ ensemble cast includes Gillian Anderson, James Norton, Paul Dano, Lily James and Jim Broadbent.
Weinstein will be joined by series screenwriter Andrew Davies on the MIPCOM panel. The panelists will discuss the process of bringing a classic to the small screen in today’s television environment, from financing to the creative process.
The talk is part of MIPCOM’s focus on “new creative excellence,” a theme that will run throughout the week of the event. MIPCOM organizers also announced on Thursday that Fox Television Group co-chairs and CEOs Gary Newman and Dana Walden will be MIPCOM’s personalities of the year, marking the first time a duo has received the honor.
Newman and Walden will give the keynote on Oct. 7 and be feted with a dinner later that evening.
The 2015 MIPCOM runs Oct. 5-8 in Cannes, France.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day