- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Created by Simmons and Chris Philip, CEO of Sierra/Engine Television, Coliseum challenges contestants to form rock bands with a winning musical voice and performance. The bankable reality star will motivate evolving acts before they perform in front of an audience.
Simmons, as the Rock Caesar, will ultimately decide with a thumb up or down who goes forward in the competition. “Coliseum is a no-holds-barred competition show between musical gladiators in the arena fighting to survive, fighting to be the champion, fighting to curry the favor of Rock Caesar,” said Simmons in a statement.
The KISS frontman is no stranger to reality TV series. He starred in A&E’s Gene Simmons Family Jewels and Gene Simmons’ Rock School for VH1. AMC is also airing Simmons’ and KISS bandmate Paul Stanley‘s reality show 4th and Loud.
Sierra/Engine will handle worldwide sales of Coliseum, whose format was developed by Simmons, Philip and The Format People’s Justin Scroggie and Michel Rodrigue.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day