- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar nominee Morgan Spurlock and Bollywood star and talk show host Aamir Khan will take to the MIPCOM stage to discuss the future of factual programming and where the genre is heading, organizers said Friday.
They will be the inaugural speakers for MIP’s new MegaSessions series, and they will discuss the impact of online and social media on documentary-style journalism and programming.
Khan, who has starred in some of Bollywood’s biggest hits and produced 2001’s Oscar nominee Lagaan, has hosted a Hindi-language talk show Truth Alone Prevails since 2012. The show explores difficult cultural topics, including rape, child sexual abuse, honor killings and environmental issues. He will discuss how the show struck a social chord in India and if the program can be exported to other countries.
Writer, director, producer and president of Warrior Poets Spurlock will also share his insight and take on the industry and key trends.
Kahn and Spurlock join such other MIPCOM speakers as Simon Cowell, 21st Century Fox co-COO James Murdoch, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos and Maker Studios CEO Ynon Kreiz in Cannes for the TV industry gathering.
Khan and Spurlock will speak Oct.14. MIPCOM runs Oct. 13–16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day