- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jackson unspooled the video following Power‘s world premiere at the MIPTV international television market. The single drops Tuesday. Power premieres on Starz June 7; Jackson is an executive producer.
In the song, written from the perspective of Power‘s lead character, James “Ghost” St. Patrick, 50 Cent raps about coming from the poorest part of New York City but rising to the top through dealing drugs. The video shows several scenes from the series’ first episode, in which Patrick, played by The A-Team actor Omari Hardwick, ponders changing his life by going straight.
Courtney Kemp Agboh, whose writing credits include The Good Wife and Hawaii Five-0, created and wrote Power, which co-stars Naturi Naughton and Lela Loren.
Starz, which is selling Power internationally, closed multiple deals ahead of the series’ official premiere, closing for Canada, Latin America, Belgium, Israel and Turkey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day