- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Bruce Kalish (Power Rangers) has followed Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy from Cookie Jar Entertainment to Shaftesbury Films’s Los Angeles satellite office to develop the tween series Fade In.
Kalish, who created and executive produced the tween hybrid series Mudpit for Cookie Jar, is now stick-handling a half-hour series about a 15-year-old aspiring filmmaker coping with his eccentric family and friends by documenting his life on camera.
Murphy and Mazza last year moved over from Cookie Jar to launch the Shaftesbury U.S. office as co-heads, and are now rolling out their development slate at MIPTV.
Kalish earlier worked with Toronto-based Shaftesbury Films on Aaron Stone for Disney XD.
“I look forward to the same supportive and creative partnership I’ve always enjoyed while working with Shaftesbury,” said Kalish.
“They’ve gathered a great team of executives, many of whom I’ve worked with over the years,” he added in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day