- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — The U.S. mini-series The Bible, created by producer and three-time Emmy Award winner Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor, The Apprentice) is coming to British screens.
U.K. network broadcaster Channel 5 has inked a deal for the five-part 10-hour show that combines live action and computer-generated imagery to tell stories from Genesis to Revelations.
Channel 5 acquisitions & channel manager Marie-Claire Dunlop said: “The show has been nothing short of a sensation, watched by millions of people in the states. To have it on Channel 5 is incredibly exciting – these are stories that can’t fail to draw you in.”
Burnett’s One Three Media distributes the series and brokered the deal with Dunlop.
“Channel 5 has a long history of bringing the most compelling series to the U.K. audience. We think [Channel] 5 is the perfect home for The Bible and look forward to the show drawing a huge audience like it has in the US and around the world,” said C. Scot Cru, svp of international at One Three Media.
The Bible series is being produced for History by Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication.
Executive producers are Burnett, Roma Downey and Richard Bedser.
Executive producers for History are Dirk Hoogstra and Julian P. Hobbs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day