- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keshet DCP, the joint venture between Israeli’s Keshet International and Dick Clark Productions’ DC Media, will bring Boom!, Keshet’s latest game show format, to the U.S. market.
The original Israeli version of Boom! — a quiz show in which contestants struggle against the clock to defuse replica bombs by answering trivia questions — had its premiere Thursday night. The show took a 41.2 percent share and a 26.7 percent household rating in its 9 p.m. time slot on Channel 2, according to Keshet, a figure the company said represented the highest rating ever for a game show launch in Israel.
STORY: ‘Rising Star’ Producer Keshet Looking to Make ‘Boom!’ Next Global Hit
The U.S. version of Boom! will mark the first co-development deal between Keshet International and DC Media since the two set up the Keshet DCP banner last year. Keshet International is pitching Boom! to international buyers at MIPTV in Cannes next week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day