- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pablo Escobar may be no more -– both in reality and on Netflix’s Narcos -– but many believe much of his fortune is yet to be found, with millions thought to be buried underground across Colombia and Central America.
With this in mind, Discovery is set to grab a spade and go on the hunt for the hidden treasure for a new series.
Announced from MIP in Cannes Tuesday, Escobar’s Millions, to air later this year, follows former CIA case officers Doug and Ben, who will use technology and never-before-granted access and support from the Colombian government in an attempt to track down the illicit profits of the world’s most famous drug lord.
Escobar’s Millions, currently a working title, is produced for Discovery Channel by Network Entertainment and Blackfin with Derik Murray and Geno McDermott as executive producers, along with Fred Pichel showrunning and Doug Laux. For Discovery Channel, Matt Vafiadis will executive produce and Lindsay Malinchak will associate produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade