- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
World: get ready for Between Two Ferns.
IM Global Television has signed an exclusive deal with Funny or Die, the comedy platform that produces and carries the Zach Galifianakis talk show and hundreds of videos, to handle international sales on their original digital content slate.
The deal, announced Friday, will see IM Global hawk the Funny or Die catalog to international buyers, starting with the MIPTV television market, which kicks off in Cannes next week. While Funny or Die content is available outside the U.S. online — the platform claims to have a global audience of more than 60 million — this marks the first time Funny or Die series and videos will be available for third-party broadcasters and platforms outside America.
IM Global handled international sales on the Funny or Die produced feature film iSteve, directed by Ryan Perez and starring Justin Long. Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Chris Henchy of Gary Sanchez Productions co-founded Funny or Die. Judd Apatow is also a principal partner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day