- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
German mini-major Constantin Film has extended its licensing deal with broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1 for another two years, covering all productions shooting in 2017 and 2018.
The agreement, announced Monday, gives ProSieben German TV rights to Fack Ju Gohte 3, the third, and final, installment in the phenomenally successful German comedy franchise from writer-director Bora Dagtekin. The first two films have sold some 15.1 million tickets in German-speaking Europe, generating more than $150 million. The first Fack Ju Gohte was a ratings hit on ProSieben last October, premiering to a 32 percent share in the 14-49 demographic.
ProSiebenSat.1 already has multiyear licensing deals with U.S. studios Warner Bros., Disney, NBCUniversal, CBS, Paramount, and Twentieth Century Fox as well as French-based giant StudioCanal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day