- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Israeli television group Keshet International has sold its first formats into Asia, inking a pair of deals for hot interactive singing show Rising Star and for kids singing format Master Class in Indonesia and China, respectively.
Indonesia’s largest private broadcaster RCTI has picked up rights for Rising Star and will adapt the format for their local audience. The first of a commissioned 24, 2-hour episodes is planned to go on air in the late summer or early Fall.
Rising Star, which Keshet debuted in Israel last Fall and to international buyers at the Mipcom market in October, has since sold to more than 25 territories, with ABC taking the format for the U.S., ITV grabbing it for the U.K. and RTL taking Germany, among others.
China’s Jiangsu Satellite TV has picked up Master Class and will produce a local version of the show through its co-development deal with Beijing-based production company 3C Media.
The show, called School of Music in Israel, features four mentors teaching children to sing classic pop songs. There are no negative reviews and no elimination. A version of the show has also been a hit in Hungary on commercial network TV2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day