- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Priestley’s latest TV venture is paying off for Entertainment One, which closed multiple deals on Private Eyes, a new procedural starring the ex-90210 star.
The series, which Canada’s Global Television has just picked up for 18 episodes following a blockbuster debut, also sold to Universal Channel for Australia, the SBS for Belgium and to Fox Networks Group for European territories including Italy and Hungary. Private Eyes has already sold to multiple territories, including to ION Television in the U.S., Universal Channel for the U.K., TF1 for France and Fox for Portugal and Spain.
In the series, Priestley plays Matt Shade, an ex-pro hockey player who teams up with no-nonsense private investigator Angie Everett (Cindy Sampson of Rookie Blue) to solve cases.
The first season of Private Eyes was a hit on Global, drawing 1.4 million viewers in L+7 ratings, making it Canada’s highest-rated new series for the Spring/Summer 2016 season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade