- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keshet International has made the first sale of its newest game show, Boom!, to France’s TF1 during MIPFormats, part of the weekend warm-up program dedicated to factual and formats before MIPTV kicks off tomorrow.
The quiz show has contestants race against the clock diffusing replica bombs by answering trivia questions. Contestants cut through colored wires that represent multiple choice answers, and viewers at home can play along with an interactive component that affects the studio contestants.
The program premiered Thursday on Channel 2 in Israel to a 41.2 percent share and 26.7 household rating. Producer Keshet said the debut was the highest rating ever for a game show launch in Israel.
Keshet DCP, the joint venture between Israel’s Keshet International and Dick Clark Productions’ DC Media, is adapting Boom! for the U.S. market.
Keshet International had last year’s most anticipated format with interactive talent show Rising Star, which has sold to over 25 territories and Boom! is certain to be a hot title during MIPTV.
TF1 has made local hits out of popular international formats such as The Voice and Money Drop.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day