- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — Banijay Group’s Paris-based subsidiary Air Productions has acquired Red Arrow’s The Lie for France.
Air Productions, founded by popular TV host Nagui, will develop the game show format for France.
“We are thrilled to develop the French adaptation of The Lie together with Red Arrow. The game show space is very competitive, and the very straightforward gameplay of The Lie immediately caught our attention. This is a very unique and effective game show. Nagui and his team at Air Productions are proud to bring it to French viewers,” said Banijay global acquisition manager Fanny Baudry.
The show requires teams to separate fact from fiction by identifying what’s true and false in a variety of categories from pop culture to current affairs.
The format has already been a huge hit in Ireland’s TV3, produced by STV, T3 and GroupM Entertainment, where it had a 13 percent share in its Monday night 8 p.m. time slot. It’s been renewed for a second season there after a February premiere.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day