- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spain’s Atresmedia is the latest international network to pounce on Israeli interactive game show format Boom!, picking up adaptation rights to the show from Keshet International.
Fox in the U.S. and French network TF1 have also snapped up broadcast rights to the show, the latest interactive gaming format from the producers of music competition show Rising Star.
The original version of Boom! debuted last week in Israel to stellar ratings, scoring a 41.2 percent market share in primetime.
The show, in which contestants race against time to defuse a model bomb by answering trivia questions and snipping colored wires, could be on track to be Keshet’s next global sales hit.
Rising Star, which Keshet introduced to the world market at TV market Mipcom last October, has already sold in more than 25 territories, including the U.S., where ABC plans to bow the show this summer.
Boom! was created by Keshet with Ido Rozenblum (who hosts the show in Israel) and July August Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day